Short Stories in Danish for Beginners has been written especially for students from beginner to low-intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, a feeling of progress and most importantly – enjoyment!
What does this book give you?
– Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller – making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
– Controlled language at your level, including the 1000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently
– Authentic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
– Pleasure! It’s much easier to learn a new language when you’re having fun, and research shows that if you’re enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won’t experience the usual feelings of frustration – ‘It’s too hard!’ ‘I don’t understand!’
– Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including
A glossary for bolded words in each text
Full plot summary
A bilingual word list
Comprehension questions after each chapter.
Paperback, 240 pages.
by Olly Richards